Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hailey is 4

Hailey turned 4 wed, Sept 14.
That day we woke up and Tati went off to school.. and for breakfast Hailey wanted cereal.. which I was ready to make a nice big breakfast for her.. waffles, pancakes..whatever she wanted.. but she wanted cereal! fine with me haha
We surprised her with a new bike! she loved it
Then for lunch I asked what she wanted and she said, mac n cheese. So we went to Paradise bakery and she had mac n cheese; which to me wasn't the best, but she liked it. My parents came with us and surprised her with a basket full of junk and a balloon and a movie (Fox and the Hound) and Tinkerbell nightgown and a squishy snake and alligator.
Then, just before Tati got home, Hailey had Reagan a boy from her Primary class over to play.
Afterwards, we went to dinner at Gecko Grill.. which we all love and at first Hailey wanted Taco Bell, but I subtly tried to steer her away from that decision and she wanted a cheese crisp, so we all agreed Gecko was a better choice :) whew.
My parents and Brant's parents came with us.

Saturday, we had a small party with family and some friends at my parents house.
She wanted a Carebear theme.. well Tati brought it up and Hailey then liked the idea
My Mom of course wanted to go ALL out and I tried the best I could to hold her back..she then got upset saying I was depriving her from doing all the things she wanted to do, but had to remind her that WE just wanted to do something small. So, we did a BBQ and swam and I got a cake from Costco, which I thought fit perfect. I made Carebear cake toppers. My Mom printed out big Carebear characters and got stuffed animals and balloons, decorations, etc.. made maracuja mouse, brigadeiros, gummy bears, fruit, etc.. waay more than anyone could eat.
I made pasta salad


I said presents were not necessary but most brought presents anyway.. Hailey was excited about that. I didn't want an overload of presents, since we were trying not to have a big party this year, since next year when she turns 5, she'll have a big friend party.


 They did sack races

 and I made a bean bag toss game

Hailey has started Joyschool this year and is already learning so much! Me and 3 other Moms got together and it's so fun!
She is recognizing all the numbers, letters, and even sounding out words it seems already. She understands things very quickly and remembers it very well. She colors and draws well and just seems to catch onto things right away.
She is such a sweet girl and plays so well with other kids. This is the first time she is really starting to develop her own friends, outside of just playing with Tati and her friends.
she loves to sing and dance and I started teaching her gymnastics and she is just doing so well and really enjoys learning.. the other day I asked her if she wanted to just play the last 5-10 min or continue having a lesson, and she chose to continue the lesson.. I was like.. ok, lets do this! she enjoys getting better and doing well! I love it! it reminds me of when I was young in gymnastics :) I can tell she has a competitive streak in her.. she definitely gets that from me.
I love my Bia!

No comments: