

We had a wonderful time this Christmas..as we do every Christmas. Although this year, we wanted to simplify and teach our children the true meaning of Christmas and not just get too many things that eventually don't matter. So, they got a few things (believe me, what we all got this year has been reduce drastically).
I was so glad to be part of the donation host family to Child Crisis Center. We donated 4 garbage bags full of clothes, shoes, and toys! I really want to make it a tradition to give every year and make that a big part of Christmas. We enjoyed hanging out at the Tylers and sharing yummy goodies. I took the girls to the ward Christmas party (I made spinach poppy seed salad). There were skits, singing and some dancing.. fun times.
For our last Pre-K field trip I took the girls (Tati, Hailey, and Kaylee..the rest of the kids didn't come) to Bass Pro to take a picture with Santa and they wrote him a note. On Tati's note, she wrote that she wanted butterflies, rocks, and flowers for Christmas.. that sounded easy to me.. although after Christmas, she asked.. "Mom, I didn't get any butterflies, flowers, or rocks!" Sorry.. we'll get them. She wanted butterflies to fly around the house.. I said that would be pretty hard to do.
On the 20th, Sunday, the Morrow family got together and we enjoyed learning the meaning of Christmas in different ways. The kids acted out part of the nativity scene. Santa came and read a story about all the different symolisms of Christmas and the kids sang "Away in a Manger." It was so cute. Tati learned most of the words in just 2 days.
Christmas Eve we spent over at my parents house with yummy food! Turkey, Ham, rice, beans, pasta salad, gravy, mashed potatoes, veggies, fruit, you name it! We then opened about one gift each. I got flip flops from Alex and Brant got a shirt. The girls got a couple toys/books. We sang some songs while Brant played guitar, which was hanging out at my parents house for a while, that we forgot about.
One of our highlighted gifts this year was our new A/C unit.. thanks Mom and Dad :)
Christmas morning. We woke up around 8:30am and opened our gifts. I got the Tati: a couple outfits from Old Navy and a pair of beige church shoes, Princess Tiana polly pocket doll, Tinker Bell and the lost treasure movie. Hailey got an Ariel polly pocket doll, and a magna doodle. Brant and I didn't really exchange gifts this year, since we got the A/C unit.. although he did surprise me with a card and some great coupons for back rubs, foot rubs, date nights, taking the girls out..etc! now I felt bad I didn't have anything for him :( I also bought myself a pair of comfy boots from Old Navy, which Brant was going to get me, so I told him that it could be from him. He also got us some great stocking stuffers! root beer, chocolates (dove and ferrero rocher..my favorite!) and an orange, which I guess was something they got in their stocking as kids..haha.
After we were finished we headed over to my parents house for a yummy breakfast. We ate pancakes, french toast, bacon, eggs, fruit, and juice. Then the kids opened some more gifts. Tati got: Bratz kidz doll, book, snow white dvd blue ray, some clothes, snow white doll, pajamas, leotard,
Hailey got: littlest pet shop, leap frog, book, pajamas, an outfit,
Brant and I: digital video camera, I got some shirts, and soaps/hand sanitizers, can organizer, vest, and Brant got a gun case. We also got some wal mart gift cards and movie gift cards.
After we were done opening gifts, we hung out for a while and then went home. I had to make some soup to take to the Morrow's. I made creamy cauliflower soup. It turned out great, but I made waaaayy too much. We also had some french bread to go with it. Everyone brought soup, there were many different kinds. We opened some gifts. The girls got dresses from Grandma and Grandpa (Santa also came again with his big red bag) books, and sticker book. Hailey got a duck game for the secret santa and Tati got Cinderella polly pocket. Tati and Hailey had Tess and Makessa this year and Tati wrote them both a note all by herself, with the help of spelling. Tati got Kess some lip gloss and nail polish and some glitter spray. Hailey got Tess blendy paints.
We hung out till late Christmas day with the family and had a great time! being with family is the best part of Christmas.


1 comment:
Glad you guys has such a great Christmas! We are cutting back on the presents next year.. it's just too much and the meaning gets lost. You are a great example for us to follow next year!
YES!!! I hope you can make on emore trip! If not.. maybe we can head out there post-baby :)
Post a Comment